If you find yourself in a situation where your vehicle needs to be towed,
remember one thing: not all towing services are created equal. Always have your
car or truck towed by experts with a professional rig � anything less can cause
damage to your vehicle.
You are guaranteed quality service when you contact Ford Roadside Assistance.
Be sure they know the make and model of your vehicle. (This will help ensure
that the driver brings the correct "rig" for the job.) It is recommended that a
wheel lift or flatbed truck be used when possible.
Here are a few items you should have handy in case you need to call in the
- Cell phone � Even if you don't normally use one, it can be invaluable in a
tight spot such as this. Note: AAA offers its members highly discounted rates
for "emergency only" cell phones. Check with your local branch for more info.
- Your vehicle make and model info.
- Your insurance and registration information (you really should have these in
your glovebox at all times).
- The name, address and phone number of your Ford Dealer (or service station)
� If it can be avoided (and if you're on a long trip, it might be unavoidable),
don't let your car be taken to a mechanic the towtruck driver recommends. It
will be worth whatever extra cost is incurred to take it to your Ford Dealer or
the local Ford dealership.
- A magazine or book � You may have some time to kill, why not make it
enjoyable? (If you're stranded in cold weather, be sure you have packed a winter
- Remember to stay with your vehicle at all times.
- See our "Roadside Emergency Checklist" for other important items to keep at
hand while traveling.